Trikki Trakki 2024
Trikki Trakki is back!
Malta’s only festival for young people by young people is ready for another successful season, and we want YOU to be a part of it!
If selected, your school will be one of the 6 lucky groups to work with some of Malta’s most exciting theatre directors to create a public performance! You’ll also participate in a number of industry workshops with some pretty cool industry professionals.
You’re really not going to want to miss this one…
…you know you want to
- So, what is Trikki Trakki? Trikki Trakki is a free outreach programme intended to expose children to the theatre, giving them the opportunity to participate in a group performance and experience the art of theatre-making, firsthand.
- Who can apply? Any school in Malta and Gozo, (be they state, church, or private), which have Year 7 (Form 1) students, may apply. Interested schools should apply with one group of 15-20 students. Teatru Malta, together with the theatre directors, will then select six schools/groups to participate in the project.
- How many students will participate in the festival? Trikki Trakki will select 6 schools to form part of the festival and each school will assemble a group of between 15-20 students. Therefore, roughly 90-120 students will participate in the festival.
- Do rehearsals have to take place during school hours? Rehearsals with the designated director can take place during or after school hours in agreement with both the school and the director. However, production week (11.03.24 – 15.03.24) and the Theatre Arts Workshops (12.12.23 and 14.12.23) will take place during school hours at MSPACE, Msida, between 9:00 am – 1:30pm.
- What year groups can apply for the festival? The festival is currently targeted towards Year 7 (or Form 1) students.