CALL FOR: Wardrobe Supervisor12.08.20
Contract for Service
Basis: Contract for service for a maximum of 20 hours a week.
Fee: €12/hour + VAT capped at €9,500 + VAT in a year
Duration: 1 year
Teatru Malta is Malta’s first national theatre company, which focuses on the development of theatre in the Maltese islands.
We are seeking to engage an experienced and enthusiastic service provider to serve as a Wardrobe Supervisor, to support the Teatru Malta team in supervising and maintaining the national theatre company’s extensive wardrobe.
The Wardrobe Supervisor responds to the Administration Manager of Teatru Malta.
Duties and responsibilities
- To maintain the collection of costumes and accessories within Teatru Malta’s wardrobe by documenting new items added to the wardrobe, documenting and updating any changes to current items, mending costumes, supervising the renting of items, and overseeing the lending of costumes to Teatru Malta productions;
- To maintain and manage a costume database in hard copy, soft copy and online, taking note of what is rented and the timeframes of rent, and for the rented items to be reflected in all version of the costume database, all in liaison with the Administration Manager;
- To tag the costumes and accessories in Teatru Malta’s wardrobe in a timely manner;
- To pinpoint costumes and accessories that would require further attention;
- Work and liaise with the costume designers and directors to procure the necessary costumes within Teatru Malta’s wardrobe for the desired aesthetics of the projects;
- To monitor the rental process of costumes and accessories;
- To clean rented costumes in a timely manner;
- Liaise with the Administration Manager on matters relating to the wardrobe maintenance;
- Liaise with the Administration Manager on matters relating to the rental of costumes and accessories;
- Update the Wardrobe Catalogue with any new wardrobe changes as well as new costumes and accessories;
- To work on any minor costume alterations requested and as approved by the Administration Manager and Artistic Director;
- Liaise with the Administration Manager on matters relating to procurement of materials needed for the maintenance of the wardrobe;
- Be available to fix any damages to costumes and/or accessories during the rehearsal and performance period of each Teatru Malta project;
- Be available for meetings including on-site meetings, as and when requested by Teatru Malta;
Skills and competencies
Applicants must, by the closing date of submission of the application, be in possession of:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience, particularly in relation to sewing, costume-making and wardrobe-maintenance in the cultural and creative sectors.
- Proven track record of delivering according to deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in Malta’s cultural and creative sectors.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a variety of collaborators and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English and Maltese, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to deliver Teatru Malta’s vision.
- Capable of working both independently and within a team, with an attention to detail.
Abnormal Service Conditions
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible to work on weekends and evenings, based on mutual agreement with the Administration Manager
Submission of applications
Applications, supported by the necessary documentation, which should include a detailed C.V. are to reach email@example.com by not later than 12th August 2020, noon.
Applicants must have a valid VAT registration number. The selected service provider will be responsible for all the relevant taxation and social security contributions as requested by national legislation.