Call for Service: Administration Executive and Assistant to the Artistic Director – Teatru Malta03.11.23
We are seeking to engage an experienced and enthusiastic Administration Executive and Assistant to the Artistic Director for 30 hours a week, to support the Teatru Malta team by organising, and maintaining the day-to-day running of the office and Teatru Malta whilst overseeing financial and administrative operations of Teatru Malta.
The selected candiate reports to the Artistic Director (Teatru Malta) & Director for Administration (NAPA).
- To support the day-to-day runnings of the office within Teatru Malta as needed by the Artistic Director & General Manager
- To maintain Teatru Malta’s office upkeep and stationery
- To monitor the Artistic Director email and responding if required
- To prepare communications on behalf of the Artistic Director & General Manager
- To act as a rapporteur in meetings
- To manage the AD’s calendar and Teatru Malta’s general calendar
- To coordinate and schedule meeting bookings in direct collaboration with team
- To oversee and coordinate Teatru Malta telecommunications between shareholders, suppliers, and the team
- To organise travel and itineraries for the team within government procurement regulations
- To conduct or prepare any research that the Artistic Director & General Manager may require
- To draft, prepare and process calls for public procurement for the purposes of the delivery of the artistic programme of Teatru Malta as directed by the Head of Productions, coordinating the evaluation and reporting processes that may apply
- To monitor and adhere to the Public Procurement procedures
- To maintain records for invoices and payments by the finance department at NAPA
- Assist when required with preparing invoices for payments;
- Assist with the signing and processing of Teatru Malta invoices;
- To coordinate and liaise with other administrative staff within Teatru Malta and NAPA ensure that procurement, invoices and contracts are going through the appropriate cycles efficiently according to regulations
- To continually update financial and procurement records, using the provided templates for reporting and auditing purposes
- To identify inefficiencies or possible misconduct in the finance and procurement system and suggests corrective action required
- To act as an advocate for the entity and ensure that good relations are kept with all partners and collaborators, and
- To carry out any other duties as directed by the Artistic Director (Teatru Malta) or Director for Administration ( NAPA).
Skills and competences:
- Candidates must be in possession of a recognised and relevant PostgraduateMaster degree MQF Level 7 in Communications, Business Management, Management, Theatre Studies, Art or in a related subject and/or A minimum of 4 years’ experience in management/ administration.
- Knowledge of the theatre sector, creative industries and the creative economy, in the wider European/Mediterranean context. Local knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Ability to manage a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a variety of collaborators and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent listening and interpersonal skills, preferably in Maltese and English.
- Verbal and written articulacy in Maltese and English
- Professional discretion
- Efficiency and a proven track record of delivering according to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
Type of contract: Service contract for 1 year (renewable)
Conditions: Flexible to provide his/her/their services on weekends and evenings, based on mutual agreement with the Artistic Director & General Manager.
Applications supported by the necessary documentation, a covering letter, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae are to reach email@example.com by no later than the 3rd of November 2023, noon.
Applicants must have a valid VAT registration number. The selected service provider will be responsible for all the relevant taxation and social security contributions according to the national legislation.
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.